We are a for-purpose all breed foster-based animal rescue whose goal is to create a No Kill community in Placer County.
Our mission is simple: To end the killing of adoptable and treatable animals in Placer County by building community capacity to engage in No Kill practices.
To us, No Kill does not mean shipping animals off to sanctuaries. It means engaging in the following No Kill practices:
1) Building a collaborative network among rescue groups to work together and pull "at risk" animals from local kill shelters so these animals can receive necessary treatment in order for them to be adopted.
2) Building and increasing a foster network so animals who are ill or who are not doing well in a shelter environment can get well or decompress outside of the shelter.
3) Create and promote programs that help owners (who we call "caregivers") keep pets in their homes so pets do not needlessly end up at shelters.
4) Create comprehensive adoption programs.
5) Promote/sponsor low cost spay/neuter programs.
6) Create effective trap, neuter and release programs for community cats.
7) Create owner redemption practices that help return lost pets to their homes.
8) Educate the community about how each person can make a difference.
No Kill means a live release rate of 90% or higher. The No Kill movement understands that there will always be a small number of animals whose medical or behavioral condition requires humane euthanasia and we support this understanding but we believe this number is low and we should not be satisfied with 90%.
One By One Rescue Project is a project. We decided on building action into our name. We believe one day we will have no purpose because all life will be valued and no animal will need saving. We are a small organization but our intent is to put the same amount of energy into each and every animal who comes to us because each deserves it. We believe that we can change minds one by one and save lives one by one...and we won't stop until we do.
We have been long time supporters of Best Friends Animal Society, and believe in their message. We found this speech by Francis Battista to be a thought provoking call to action, and hence our rescue project was founded.
Inspired?... Check out how you can support our rescue project!
8/30/15 UPDATE: Hosted a booth at our first public event-Woofstock 2015!
3/16/15 UPDATE: We took in our first dogs as an official non-profit! Bubba and Pokey joined our family and will be ready for adoption soon!
2/26/15 UPDATE: We obtained our 501 (c)(3) status and are now operating as a non-profit organization!
12/31/14 UPDATE: our bylaws have been adopted by the Board!
12/11/14 UPDATE: our first ever Giving Tree went up at Tractor Supply in Auburn, CA!
12/1/14 UPDATE: our initial board has been established!
10/6/2014 UPDATE: the booksale was a huge success! we generated $1,100 which will be used for our filing fees and vaccinations for the doggies!
10/2/2014 UPDATE: logo has been finalized, and the website is set to go live today! We're also getting together all the goodies for 10/4/14 Book sale!
9/24/2014 UPDATE: paperwork for our Articles of Incorporation is in the mail!
9/22/2014 UPDATE: our behind the scene team has started working on a killer logo, and website... you'll see soon!